ICIC 2012- The Meeting
ICIC 2012- The Meeting
Hotel Andel’s Berlin
14 – 17 October 2012
ICIC is the International Conference on Trends for Scientific Information Professionals.
ICIC International Conference for the Information Community
For those in the sci-tech world, sharing best practices, networking and evaluating trends have become matters of considerable importance, and the annual ICIC Meeting & Exhibition is the significant forum for this, attracting over 200 attendees from the main sci-tech companies and information, service or software providers.
Subject Areas for the 2012 Programme
The traditional focus of the ICIC programmes is subjects of interest to information professionals in a scientific or technical environment. As in previous years, this year’s programme contains a number of presentations examining aspects of patent information retrieval, including drug discovery; patent information presents many challenges and is thus an excellent test-bed when it comes to information technology. The ICIC meeting’s roots in chemical information also ensure that that area features prominently; chemical information was one of the first fields to attract modern information technologies back at the end of the nineteenth century and the very beginning of the twentieth.
Who should attend the ICIC conference?
The ICIC meeting is of importance for all professionals involved in the information world, be they workers or managers in information departments, information application developers, or patent specialists. The fact that the conference has always attracted an enthusiastic audience every year since 1989 testifies to its long-term success as an international focal point for professionals in the information domain.
Why should you attend?
• A three-day (with workshops) concentration on one clearly defined subject area enables you to improve and hone your skills and to examine possible new ideas. Attending the presentations, and interacting with the speakers, will update you with the best practices and technologies at the moment.
• You will be amongst colleagues who confront similar challenges to those you face and you can benefit from each others’ experiences. Interaction with the expert speakers and with specialists in the exhibition will provide you with a fresh source of facts and ideas. You will network with other professionals from leading international corporations and research centres in the field of professional information, and information technology.
• Social networking via electronic media such as Facebook, Linked-In and Twitter enables you to interact with large numbers of people in your subject area. But face-to-face contact such as you will find at the ICIC “family” meeting, including the many meals and receptions taken together, remains unrivalled when it comes to exploring ideas informally and evaluating the experiences and views of others.
• The knowledge of best practice for finding, analysing and understanding the contents of information such as that found in patents or in business news is the principal way to anticipate and understand what your organisation’s competitors are doing or may be planning to do.
• Increasingly in the modern world, hard work is the key to success. But unless hard work is complemented by superior skills and professional know-how, hard work alone will not enable companies to survive and thrive. You need to take every opportunity to enhance your professionalism, and this focused information meeting provides such an opportunity. You can then take the new knowledge you have acquired back to your colleagues in the office. You will become an increasingly credible partner for your managers and will be involved in many of their decisions.
Email: [email protected]