Today’s Trademark- American Nuclear Society
The American Nuclear Society was founded in 1954 as a not-for-profit association to promote the growing nuclear field. In 1955, ANS held its first annual meeting and elected Walter Zinn as its first president.
Originally headquartered in space provided by the Oak Ridge Institute of Nuclear Studies (ORINS), the Society’s headquarters were moved to various locations over the years until 1977 in which the Society settled into its own headquarters building in La Grange Park, Illinois.
It now functions as an international organization consisting of scientists, engineers, and industry professionals that promote the field of nuclear engineering and related disciplines.
As of spring 2020, ANS is composed of more than 10,000 members from more than 40 countries. ANS is also a member of the International Nuclear Societies Council.
The American Nuclear Society also consists of student sections at colleges and universities throughout the United States and abroad.
The trademark of this company was registered in USPTO bearing registration number 1269664 on March 13, 1984.