Today’s Trademark-Princeton University Press
Princeton University Press is an independent published with affiliations with the Princeton University. It was founded by Whitney Darrow, a Princeton University graduate in 1905 along with Charles Scribner II, another Princeton graduate.
The press initially printed local newspapers, “the Daily Princetonian” and university documents. The press began as a for-profit organization and later turned into a non-profit organization in 1910.
In 1911, the press was moved to its newly built gothic-style headquarters building designed by Ernest Flagg. Princeton University Press has to date published several renowned books and literature in academia including an impressive 6 Pulitzer Prize-winning works.
The Princeton press has also undertaken several historical document projects including the “Collected Papers of Albert Einstein”, the “Writings of Henry D. Thoreau” and “Papers of Woodrow Wilson.” Princeton University Press established a European office, in Woodstock, England, north of Oxford, in 1999, and opened an additional office, in Beijing, in early 2017.
The trademark of this company was registered in USPTO bearing registration number 1385940 on March 11, 1986.